Ghana Passport Application
• By birth (where either parent or grandparent is a Ghanaian citizen)
• By marriage
• By naturalization
2. As proof of citizenship, provide any of the following:
• Birth Certificate (original and a photocopy)
• Your old Passport (if any)
• Certificate of naturalization
• Baptismal certificate
• Statutory declaration made in a High Court by one of the applicant's parents.
• Affidavit by Head of Family in respect of applicant regarding citizenship.
3. Four (4) recent passport-sized photographs on a plain background (without a hat or sunglasses, one must be endorsed by the witness or guarantor).
4. State name of applicant.
5. Two (2) Ghanaians who will act as guarantors , living in your country of residence.
6. A witness ( also a Ghanaian) in your country of residence.
Parental Consent Form (click to download)
Passport applications for minors (children under 18 years) must be submitted with a letter of consent signed by the Child’s parents.
Please note that parents with sole custodianship of their children should provide a letter to this effect.
Unaccompanied minors on school trips or voluntary programmes must also attach a letter of consent signed by both parents or their legal guardians, to their visa/passport application.